Talking of Michaelangelo, Ophi//Karlifornia
30 | MACUSA | Grindlewaldian
Silas
Death Squad Leader New York Widower Played by Vicky
shipper muse dragots 2700

Let us go then, you and I
When the evening is spread out against the sky
Like a patient etherized upon a table.

The soft lull of dusk had wrapped its fingers firmly around his throat, a gentle, suffocating reminder to return to his empty home once more. Perhaps it was a matter of post traumatic stress - the after effect of seeing your wife's bruised corpse bathed in sunset hues, through a broken French window - but Silas could rarely afford to stay at work for long periods of time. An insidious nagging sensation drew teeth along the back of his mind, even though he knew there was nothing left in his house for them to take.

Quiet footsteps rang in a hollow echo along the corridors. He offered a smile to those who bothered with eye contact, but rarely ever lingered.

Instead, Silas found the Judge's chambers.

She was stretched out on the sofa as always, all soft flesh and feminine curves pressed into burgundy cushions. A narrow set of reading glasses were perched on her nose, case reports in hand, but he noticed the counterpoint - glass of wine on the side table, Marc Jacobs tossed onto the carpet.

Silas leaned against the door jamb and raised an eyebrow.

"I heard one of the executioners tried to ask you out today."

TAG OPHELIA AZEVEDO

May 5 2018, 11:48 PM
36 | MACUSA | Grindelwaldian
Ophelia
MACUSA Judge Austin, TX single Played by karrie
shipper dragots 4000
and i'll use you as a focal point so i don't lose sight of what i want
The late rays of evening crept through her carefully covered windows. There was a chatter in her head of the ways her day come and went like the looming sun. While not particularly fond of the late hour she has begun to partake, she didn't quite have anything else she'd rather be doing.

Not since her home seems less of a home with the ghost of memories haunting at every which turn. The cold emptiness of her bed only worked when her mind becomes a haze of drowsiness and and inproductivtity, when the morning sun is mere minutes away from calling her name.

Despite of the apartment left under her name, Ophelia didn't have a home she'd rather be. Her office couch and the glass of wine were all she held close to hear nowadays.

"You're quite silent, Stubbe," Ophelia glanced momentarily away from her files, meeting his eyes to only hide behind the Manila folder once more.

"Knoblocke tried and failed. Poor fool couldn't even get past a sentence." Ophelia rolled her eyes before sending her files away. She beckoned him closer as she reached for her wine. Silas would serve well enough distraction from the full readings of ill-inspired advocates that never quite learned to plead a case.

"Come on, get in. Don't want anyone else to know I'm still around and come around with their passive aggressive babble."

TAG SILAS STUBBE

May 8 2018, 03:38 PM
Silas

You're quite silent, Stubbe.

He allowed his mouth to pull into a curve - a rarity, these days. Mourning had whittled down the severe features so characteristic of his blood - strong brow, sharp jaw, high cheekbone...all precariously looming, like the solid marble arches of an old temple. Beautiful, yet volatile. Who knew when he would fall.

"It's in the job description," he replied. Silas nudged the door shut and moved over. He had a peculiar gait - a forceful one, walking as though some viscous ether of the universe kept pushing him back.

He took a light perch on the sofa's armrest, in excellent view of her stockinged feet.

Ophelia was one of the few people left who managed to draw smiles from him. Perhaps it was the friendship that did it - he trusted so few here.

Or maybe it was the resemblance. Her eyes. Her knuckles. The freckles on her shoulders. She was not an imitation. Perhaps...a substitute - albeit one he was incredibly fond of.

"I almost pity Knoblocke," he mused, not leaning back simply because Silas wasn't one to recline. "Especially given how...approachable, you are." Something glinted in his gaze.

TAG OPHELIA AZEVEDO

May 9 2018, 05:43 AM
Ophelia
shipper dragots 4000
and i'll use you as a focal point so i don't lose sight of what i want
The air shifted around her. No longer did it hold the familiar scent of which she had allowed to blend in to the back of her mind. No.

Now it held him, and the day of he carried along for the last twenty-four hours. It held him around her, and momentarily she has to force upon herself to not remember the sweet pomegranates that'd often come along.

It wasn't good for them. She recognized it, despite never acknowledging it. She's lost so much in the last few months, and as Silas. Perhaps some time apart would have been better. but she doesn't want to think of being without him too.

With a sip of her wine, she pulls back from her head. She had always insisted that Ophelia spent far more time in her own head than with the real world. It was as if she could hea- Might as well finish the whole glass, Ophelia decided promptly.

A light scoff escaped Ophelia's lips as her wine glass rested on the side table next to her. How any man could possibly think they could compare to,.. and Knoblocke of all people. With his grotesque mannerisms and foul language. He hadn't even be worth a second glance/

"Pity the man for being a fool instead." She shifted in her spot, sitting up with her back straight as she watched Silas curiously. "Had it not been for the crowd, I can't say he would have gotten off as easy."

TAG SILAS STUBBE

May 23 2018, 02:23 AM
Silas

He was at the precipice of motion, an unnatural (and yet, characteristic) tension holding the curve of his spine, his perch on this arm rest, the twist of his throat and prominence of neck muscle as he regarded her, watching her darkened mouth as words formed.

Silas moved. A light hand resting under her crossed ankles - in one smooth motion he slipped from his place to the sofa, her feet coming to a rest now on his lap. His gaze was keen - a silent question, is this alright, though they'd done it so many times before.

Somethings changed though, with the unspoken shadow of a third person hovering in the room with them. She hadn't left since their eyes first met during the wake. I know was the only thing they'd needed to say to each other.

"That sounds like a line from an old movie," he mused, tilting his head slightly. "Though perhaps next time, I might just encourage him to approach you alone." Silas's brand of stony humor had his gaze alight with mild amusement. "Just to see the show."

His eyes flickered to the glass of wine on the table, the single glass and modestly full bottle. Enough to last the night.

Staying back at work was rarely necessary for them, but few demons chose to lurk the unnaturally bright halls of new MACUSA headquarters. The place simply did not hold enough (or any) memories to be considered an emotional landmine.

"What are you doing for dinner?" Silas asked instead.

TAG OPHELIA AZEVEDO

Jun 9 2018, 10:14 AM
Ophelia
shipper dragots 4000
i'll use you as a warning sign

Personal space. It was almost as if it were a foreign language when it came to the two.

He was always there on her right, or steadily behind her. There was nothing more comforting than knowing Silas was within touch.

A touch of the past. A touch of a new future.

Silas was her anchor to the reality that must be faced now.

Her feet rest against his lap, and she only slightly readjusted her skirt underneath herself from any indecent exposure. She could feel the warmth of his body briefly-- it was a nice contrast against the air conditioned room.

"Maybe I'll just hex you instead." A playful smile on her face as she nudged his abdomen.

Being caught alone with the sorry excuse of a man was nothing that Ophelia would wish to go through. It should be a crime for him to be able to put someone through that.

There weren't many people would like to be stuck with alone. Silas was one of the few for their easy understanding and years of friendship.

She watched as his features contort and soften. The light stubble on his face, she wonder how prickly it'd feel underneath her fingertips.

"Dinner?" Ophelia echoed softly. She hadn't made any plans. Granted, Ophelia's life had vanished of the routine it once had. She still made too much food for one person. She still believed she could hear his laugh from the other room.

But that wasn't the case anymore..

"Thought of just going home and have some microwaveable leftovers." A light shrug of her shoulders as she brushed locks of her hair behind her ear.

Yesterday at 02:41 am
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll