DISSENSION -> build up the lies

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

build up the lies, tag: shawna/reagan - meeting 1
23 | MACUSA | loyalists
Mina
Undercover Agent (Spy) tallahassee single Played by evvie
shipper dragots 5150
The worst part about her job: the lying.

The more she got to know the no-majs, the more she thought about Cecily and Manny. They were innocent, they were kind, they were good. Many of these no-majs were the same way -- they just got into an organization without understanding what the implications really were. It made her sad for them - especially since she was so determined to win.

And they would win. She would find out a way to take the NSPS down from the inside - or at least to help prepare her people for what they were coming up with to take them down, to find them.

Swallowing, Mina stood up from her lunch table - gave a bathroom excuse to the rest of her “friends” - and went down the halls to get some fresh air and clear her head. She had to stop thinking so emotionally; unfortunately, it was at her core. Ximena had never been an emotionally distant person - unlike the rest of her despicable family.

That was when she noticed someone else in the hallway. This girl seemed different than the no-majs -- more out of place. More of a reason to try to get to know her. To see who she was and what her role was. ”Excuse me!” Ximena called, pushing the fake glasses up the bridge of her nose. To be Jazz, she covered all traces of...herself. Hair in blonde wig, fake glasses, colored contacts, and horrendous clothes. Boy, what she wouldn’t give to be a metamorphagus right about now…

”I’m so sorry to bother you, but do you happen to know the way to the cafeteria?” Ximena knew the way, of course --- but any excuse to start a conversation. To meet yet another enemy.

To lie through her teeth to protect her community.

TAG @REAGAN CAVANAUGH

Feb 25 2018, 09:29 PM
25 | Fringe | Anarchists
R.J.
Coroner, Informant Whitefish, Montana Single Played by Shawna
shipper dragots 4700

Reagan was on her way out of the building, nearing the end of the hall that opened into the lobby. She had planned on another usual day. She'd worked at the hospital that morning, putting the last of her files together, and was using her lunch break to bring them over to the Institute. She'd go back to the wizarding side of things for the rest of the afternoon and had nothing else special on the docket. Her routine, however, was welcomingly shattered when someone called after her in the hallway.

Excuse me! she heard, and her gait slowed as she turned her head back towards the voice, unsure if it was her to which the other girl called. Seeing no one else between the two of them, she stopped, and smiled, happy to help with what she could.

"Oh, yeah, I do," she said, trying to remember which way you were meant to turn. "It's just down that hall, and... well, I can just show you? I could use something to eat anyway," she offered, realizing how hungry she actually was.

Reagan figured that if she didn't know which way the cafeteria was, she was probably relatively new, which also meant she was unlikely to know many other people at the Institute. Reagan, trying not to be an absolute outcast, could also use a friend or two, even ones in the No-maj world.

TAG @XIMENA QUINTANA
Feb 26 2018, 03:21 AM
23 | MACUSA | loyalists
Mina
shipper dragots 5150
Friendly. A smile. So trusting, so easy to fake. Mina painted on a smile of her own to match: one of a girl who was grateful to find a potential new friend in the midst of all this craziness. Of the internship. Of pretending to understand all the no-maj equipment and phrases.

She hadn’t thought this out too much though. Having just come from the cafeteria, the fellow interns would see her walking in with someone new. Would they say something? Would they be surprised? It didn’t matter - she would have to take her chances. Especially if it meant building a new relationship.

Someone else to befriend. Someone else to take down.

”Oh goodie!” Mina exclaimed, clapping her hands together boy, did she hate herself even more. ”I would love to eat lunch with a new friend!” Trusting, offering, acting the part. Dumb no-maj. Dumb intern. Dumb Jazz.

With a small giggle, Mina offered her hand out - that was how the no-majs did it around here so far. ”I’m Jazz and I’m new around here…” She paused and then hit her head gently with a face -- ”Oh, duh, I’m sure that was obvious since I needed directions, huh?” Mina turned to the cafeteria - the direction in which the woman had pointed - and waited for her to walk with her.

To begin the lying, the scheming, the acting all over again.

TAG @REAGAN CAVANAUGH

Feb 26 2018, 08:58 AM
25 | Fringe | Anarchists
R.J.
shipper dragots 4700

Jazz's bubbly nature was slightly overwhelming, if not a little bit offputting, but RJ smiled and nodded, happy that she was happy. Reagan had been working for the NSPS for a short while now, but people her age were few and far between. Though not everyone knew the full extent of her nature (mostly only those in the morgue knew what she did), being around a bunch of middle-aged men would make finding friends difficult for anyone, let alone a werewolf witch with a vendetta and the consistent desire to punch someone.

Reagan figured that she would always be faced with people who were scared of her, wary of what she was capable of during those eight short hours each month, but at least while she was at the Institute, she could use it to her advantage, instead of it putting her back like it always did in the magical world.

She'd take a new friend where she could get one.

"Well, you could just have memory loss," Reagan said, a feeble attempt at a joke. "I'm Reagan - R.J. - it's nice to meet you." She took the girl's hand and shook it firmly. Jazz seemed eager to get to the cafeteria, so Reagan joined up alongside her.

"So, you're new you said? What do you do here?" she asked, as they walked down the hall together.

TAG @XIMENA QUINTANA
Feb 27 2018, 01:13 AM
23 | MACUSA | loyalists
Mina
shipper dragots 5150
Mina laughed at the terrible joke - anything to get on this girl’s new side. She’d be as personable as she needed to be to pull this girl in, to get her to fall for the trick, in order to extract what she needed to know. Mina had done much worse before to get information. But who knew what the girl did here. She still had yet to get anyone who seemed important enough to be on her side; or dumb enough to give up the main secrets.

“Jazz” would just have to prove her loyalty through dedication and devotion to the cause. If they revealed it, that was.

She already knew not everyone here new what the NSPS did -- which was why she had to be even more careful, even more inquisitive. She needed to find the people who knew and use that to her advantage. A harder task than she’d originally anticipated, but a task she’d accomplish nonetheless. ”It’s nice to meet you too, R.J.” Mina put on a genuine smile here - she was happy to meet this girl. Maybe she had finally found someone with leverage.

Continuing down the hall, Mina pushed up the fake glasses they always fell down dammit, how do people wear these things? and answered Reagan’s question: ”I’m one of the new interns! They haven’t assigned us areas yet. We are supposed to be learning a little bit of everything until they assign us placements.” Some interns she had spoken to already had placements - but most of them were here for general clinical work - with lots of departments and sectors around, it was up to fate where she’d be placed. ”How about you -- what do you do?”

TAG @REAGAN CAVANAUGH

Feb 27 2018, 10:01 AM
25 | Fringe | Anarchists
R.J.
shipper dragots 4700

Reagan wondered if the two of them would have anything in common other than their age and place of employment - if you could call it that. Reagan, who spent just a few minutes there each week, and Jazz, an intern with presumably no connections. R.J. was a wolf and a witch, and there was nothing about Jazz that made her seem any different from the throngs of other young twenty-somethings who thought that they were just at the Institute to make medicine. "That's pretty cool. Do you know what placement you might get? Or are at least hoping for?"

"I'm uh, I'm like an advisor? Down in the morgue. I share information on causes of death," Reagan didn't really know how to explain what she did in terms that would be acceptable for someone who was out of the loop. Selene and the doctors downstairs called her an informant, but that word held certain connotations that might give Jazz the wrong - or right, as it were - idea about her. Some things were better left a secret. "Open source research, you know?" She should have been better prepared to answer the question that she had just asked of Jazz. She was still getting used to her new role, and the particulars were hard to work around. She couldn't say that she worked in a hospital because then the No-majs would ask which one. Maybe a private investigator? She'd have to ask Selene.

The end of the hallway opened up into the large cafeteria. It's tall ceiling and massive windows, plus the echoing patter of silverware and conversation, gave the room an open and expansive feeling. "Here we are," she announced, unceremoniously. "There's some good stuff to choose from, but the sandwiches are always pretty reliable."

TAG @XIMENA QUINTANA
Feb 28 2018, 01:52 AM
23 | MACUSA | loyalists
Mina
shipper dragots 5150
Mina shook her head - at herself really - completely embarrassed by her own actions. Maybe she was more naturally at playing the socially awkward little intern than she originally thought. Still, Reagan didn’t seem to be too put off - which meant “Jazz” would have a continued chance to make a friend, to get on her good side, to figure out what her job was here. And maybe, just maybe, find the information the MACUSA needed.

But Reagan’s question brought up a different point: the placements. Where the hell would she even go? “I know there are some reserved for the high school students -- but I don’t know about us college kids.” Small detail - a degree - now she’d have to find a fake college to attend as well. Gosh, she was digging herself into a hole. ”I’m hoping for anything on the more medical side.” Too vague. She knew that. But it was kind of true. There were the medical ones, yes, but also some in the offices helping out the admin. ”I guess a research position would be a better description.” With that, she laughed slightly, quietly. Be meek, Mina, be meek.

Reagan however sounded interesting. An advisor for the morgue? She would have access to information, whether she knew it or not. The dead bodies - of who? Of wizards? Of no-majs? ”Oh wow! That sounds so interesting!” Excitement. Interest. Some of this was more natural, but to be this annoying girl, there was too much to fake. ”How did you end up there?” Mina had her backstory all ready - but she was hoping for a little more something. Detail. Was this an actual NSPS member? Or someone who just fell into the organization without realizing the darker side?

Finally she arrived at the cafeteria. The other interns looked over at her - so she waved in response. A few waved back, but no one seemed too suspicious. Good. ”A sandwich it is, I guess!” Going over to the wall of food, she began to pick through: turkey, ham, bologna. All of them sounded too mundane for her tastes.

Fucking no-majs.

TAG @REAGAN CAVANAUGH

Feb 28 2018, 10:11 AM
25 | Fringe | Anarchists
R.J.
shipper dragots 4700

"Well, I hear there's a lot of that kind of stuff going on, so hopefully they'll have a spot open for you somewhere." She knew that there was medical research going on, but it likely wasn't the kind of research Jazz would be interested in - or even know about. Even Reagan had only heard whispers about the more sinister side of the Institute - but it was still enough for her to barter information in exchange for her safety. Reagan grabbed a sandwich at random and waited while Jazz picked over each one individually. Figuring it best not to poke fun at a new friend - something she had a bad habit of doing with people who already knew her well enough.

The girls paid for their food and Reagan looked around the room for an empty place for them to sit. She led them to the table, set her food down, and sat down in one of the chairs. She'd used the food to distract from the fact that she hadn't answered Jazz's question, but she'd now had a moment to think about it, though she wished she had never said anything at all. Just skirt the details, she told herself. "It's kind of like a puzzle - trying to figure out what went wrong, how it all went down. And I don't have to deal with making a mistake and ruining someone's life like if I were a doctor." All of this were true. She wasn't lying by not mentioning the fact that no patient would ever want a werewolf treating them. "You know," she continued, after a bite of sandwich, "doing autopsies used to be the only way doctors would know how to treat the living. There's still quite a bit of truth to that."

"Anyway...you probably don't want to talk about dead people during lunch, huh?" Reagan asked, hoping to avoid talking about herself any longer. "If you're an intern, are you still in school then?" She thought about everything that she'd have to keep from this girl - her school, her life, how she did the dishes. Things were a lot easier in the wizarding world sometimes, even if it did mean being looked at like vermin more often than not.

TAG @XIMENA QUINTANA
Mar 2 2018, 12:37 AM
23 | MACUSA | loyalists
Mina
shipper dragots 5150
That was probably the most intimidating part of this whole mission: the amount of research to get through. Too many departments, too many projects, and none of them ever scratched the surface of what she needed to know. It would take her years to work her way up there. But she had weeks, months at mosts, to figure out WHAT this institute was doing if she wanted to stop the witches and wizards from showing up half dead outside. Despite the terrible thoughts swirling in her head, Mina forced on a bright smile and happy eyes -- anything to cover her trail: “That is exactly why I jumped on this opportunity! There are so many different projects I could get involved in… it is overwhelming in the best possible way.”

But Reagan ignored her question. Hadn’t answered it in the process of buying food, of selecting a table. Luckily, she wasn’t seated anywhere near the rest of the interns. For now, the lies she had already begin to tell were safe. Though, if anyone came over asking where she had gone, she could always claim she had gotten completely lost… Ditzy intern. She smiled as they sat down and she began to bite into her sandwich -- really, she wished she had some sort of stout sandwich instead. Still, it was edible - and she wasn’t going to complain about that. Right as she went to say something else, Reagan finally answered the question she had asked before.

Not too detailed, but Mina couldn’t help but agree. ”I love puzzles.” She didn’t really say anything else - which probably seemed a little weird - but it was the truth. Mina’s whole job functioned as a puzzle too. She may work as a spy, but she had to put the puzzle together; figure out when to do certain things; why people acted one way. It was one big game that she enjoyed - especially because of the danger. ”I never knew that actually!” Another truth - she never paid attention to anything in the medical field. The idea of cutting open a dead body seemed….too much. ”I guess that just means your job is all the more important, huh?” More of a reason to keep her around. Just in case.

Nodding, Mina tried to remember the lie she had told earlier. Which school was she going to? ”Yes! I’m in my junior year of college - studying psychology, but also interested in applying to medical school.” No names. Nothing serious. Just a line she had memorized from someone else. The exact school name would be an issue. To avoid that, Mina didn’t ask Reagan about her college life -- avoid the connections, avoid more lies.

”How long have you been here?” Simple. Easy. But a question that could contain more information...

TAG @REAGAN CAVANAUGH

Mar 2 2018, 10:49 AM
25 | Fringe | Anarchists
R.J.
shipper dragots 4700

"I'm pleased you think it's important," she smiled, "It can sometimes get mundane, but that's always good to remember." A psychology student was definitely on another end of the medical spectrum than R.J. was. What she did was an entirely different field of work, maybe the two of them had even less in common than she had originally figured. Still, not everyone in her life had to be exactly like her, and maybe that was a good thing. Aside from the other wolves, the Anarchists were a diverse bunch. And she could count the number of people she interacted with regularly outside of that group on one hand, and everyone else was a corpse in her office. If most of the people in her world hated her, nothing worse than that could come from branching out. She continued, "I suppose that's true with most jobs, though."

Reagan took another bite of her sandwich - an awkward pause in a conversation she was desperately trying to keep going - and focussed on someone with less to hide. "What got you into that subject?" Do you want to be a psychologist or...? She wondered what kind of messed up past she had that made her want to be a shrink - that's what she heard all psychologists were like anyway.

"Oh, not too long," she replied, truthfully, "But long enough to know how to get to the morgue and back out again," she laughed. Was it a coincidence that R.J. started providing information right before attacks on the wizarding world began? No. Did Jazz need to know anything about those occurrences? Also, no. Reagan was still unsure how she felt about wizard/no-maj relations, something everyone at MACUSA, and most of America seemed focussed on. She figured it safest, however, for her not to be the reason someone found out about magic, and werewolves, and everything else that went bump in the night.

TAG @XIMENA QUINTANA
Mar 9 2018, 02:00 AM
23 | MACUSA | loyalists
Mina
shipper dragots 5150
Mina shrugged a shoulder at RJ’s words. ”Any job can get a little mundane, but we wouldn’t be doing it unless it was important, right?” She felt that way too much - like when she had the stupid surveillance missions when nothing happened or the hours of research she had to put in before going in. It was boring, lame, and quite frankly something she really did not want to do. But she wouldn’t be in this field if she didn’t find it important. Best lies are always cemented in the truth.

She tried to call back the information she had practiced, but so few people asked her about her prospective jobs. Most focused on where she went, what she was studying, and how well she was doing in her class. Apparently that was important around here? Taking a bite of her own sandwich to eat up some more of the time, Mina went through it once more time in her head before swallowing and finally answering. “Mmm. I always wanted to understand why we do the things we do. Like, down to our neurons and synapses. I wouldn’t mind being a psychologist - I just really want to focus on the research.” Did she even use those words right? Shit, she’d actually have to crack open a psychology book tonight. Mina hated herself even more now.

She laughed along with RJ, giving her head a little shake. ”Well, I hope I’m here long enough to be able to figure my way around!” It had taken much of the MACUSA’s influence to get her into this program in the first place. If she ended up losing the internship for whatever reason, they wouldn’t be able to get back in easily. So staying around long enough to figure out her way around was partially a joke, but cemented on serious implications. If she didn’t figure out more about this place, they could all be in danger.

TAG @REAGAN CAVANAUGH

Mar 9 2018, 06:32 PM
25 | Fringe | Anarchists
R.J.
shipper dragots 4700

Reagan listened with interest as Jazz explained what her goals were. Why we do the things we do, she explained. Sometimes she wished she had someone to tell her why she did the things she did. The people she had hurt, the stupid mistakes she had made. Why she thought it was a good idea to put her own, selfish needs ahead of others. But that wasn't talk for two girls who had only just met. She laughed at Jazz's joke, covering up her internal thoughts, and tossed the last bite of her sandwich into her mouth.

"Hey, so there's a bar just down the street that's got some pretty decent drinks," she said suddenly. "You want to get out of here?" R.J. asked. She had been on her way out of the building anyway but was in no rush to get back to the hospital, and she couldn't think of a better way to solidify a new friendship than with tipsy bar games."The bartenders are pretty cute," she added, trying to entice Jazz away from whatever work she had to do upstairs.

TAG @XIMENA QUINTANA
Mar 18 2018, 05:55 PM
23 | MACUSA | loyalists
Mina
shipper dragots 5150
Mina hesitated, but only for a second. She just had to think about what the hell she had to do at her “internship” that day. Probably nothing of value. Especially considering she had an opportunity to decide Reagan’s worth here to her quickly. With a few drinks flowing, she could get the information she wanted.

It was worth it.

“Yeah, let’s go.” Mina smiled, purposefully crinkling her eyes to seem a little more sincere than she actually felt. “I was already done for the day, anyways.” A little bit of a lie. But drinks, with cute bartenders and a cute girl to flirt with was always fine in her book.

Picking up the scraps at their table, Mina threw them out in the nearest garbage can, giving a ‘wave’ to her little intern friends before turning back to Reagan. “I’m all yours.”

TAG @REAGAN CAVANAUGH

Mar 19 2018, 12:47 PM
25 | Fringe | Anarchists
R.J.
shipper dragots 4700

"That's what I like to hear," she said, leading Jazz back out of the cafeteria, and into Boston. The bar was one block down and around the corner, and a semi-frequent destination for Reagan. It wasn't high-class, but it wasn't dirty either. Thick wooden tables and barstools, low alternative rock in the background, and deals of the day made for a comfortable atmosphere. She felt much more at home in the dim light than in the bright and bustling cafeteria.

Reagan pulled the door open and let Jazz in in front of her. She led them to a table along the side wall and pulled herself up onto the tall stool. "They've got cheap liquor and their cocktails are all pretty good," she told her, setting a drink menu open in front of her. "This one's really great," she said, pointing at the 'Boston Pomme'. "Get whatever you want, my treat," she smiled.

TAG @XIMENA QUINTANA
Mar 19 2018, 01:14 PM
23 | MACUSA | loyalists
Mina
shipper dragots 5150
Luckily, it was a quick walk to the bar. Ximena felt right at home in the place immediately - the dim lighting, low music… If she had been able to be Ximena here, she probably would have found her new spot for drinks and hook-ups. Unfortunately, she had to play her little game of pretend. Jazz didn’t seem like the type of girl to easily come to spaces like this on her own. Too chicken shit.

She followed Reagan over to the table to the side, shooting her new “friend” a sweet smile. “You had me at cheap!” A little laughter to lighten up the mood. Glancing over the drink menu, Ximena died at half of the concoctions on there. Really, her go to had always been a good whiskey sour. Everything else just felt too weak. At least it could work to her advantage to get the sweet shitty drinks now - it would help her keep her head clear for interrogating questions later.

“Really? Are you sure?” Mina was surprised at Reagan’s offer, but she didn’t fight too hard she only had enough no-maj money to go around. “I’ll definitely have to try that Boston Pomme!"

TAG @REAGAN CAVANAUGH

Mar 20 2018, 01:59 PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll