DISSENSION -> Sleepy in Seattle

Add Reply
New Poll

Sleepy in Seattle, Rafe, Rosabelle
25 | Magical | Unaffiliated
Rosie, Belle
Journalist Baltimore it's complicated Played by Cadie
shipper dragots 2600

Rosabelle climbed the snaking metal staircase to the fourth floor. The elevator had been broken, and the doorman downstairs was soon to be broken as well if his stuttering and apologizing were anything to go by once Rosabelle had set one of her infamous glares on him. She left him be. The tenants here likely spent a large lump sum each month for rent, Rosabelle expected the elevator, and everything else in the building, to be in tip-top shape. For something like that not to work, Rosabelle would have demanded a reduction in this month’s amenities. However, this was not her living space. She was only visiting a close friend while in town. Deciding to put the elevator issue aside, Rosabelle focused on the golden plaques to the left of each door. She searched for 1408.

A rosy blush bloomed when she realized she had been going the wrong way. Twenty-five years old and her sense of direction was little better than when she was five-years-old. She found 1408 at the end of the carpeted hallway. Her steps were muffled as she passed uniform black doors and large glass windows drizzled in the rain and spectacled in amber light overlooking the twinkling city of Seattle and its little people.

Outside of 1408, Rosabelle adjusted her appearance. She fiddled with her skirt, smoothed down any creases on her shirt and played with her hair. Simply, Rosabelle had always been taught to put her best foot forward and part of that was making sure that when she met anyone, friend or acquaintance, she looked her best. Her grandmother liked to remind her there were no second impressions. When Rosabelle was ready to knock, her phone rang.

Grumbling, she dug through her purse to find her phone. Anyone from the outside could see how she transformed in half of a second. The frown that looked at home on her face had fled and in its place was a soft curve on her glossy lips. She half turned, taking steps away from the door, bag sliding on her thin arm, as she approached the nearest window. In what could only be described as baby talk, short sentences and an exaggerated high pitch, Rosabelle spoke to her daughter briefly about her nighttime routine rounding it off with perky goodnight and a kiss to the phone, of which her daughter returned. When the phone call ended, there was a dull ache inside Rosabelle. She simply stared at her phone, her screensaver, a picture of her and Harry at the beach. She would never admit it, but she missed her baby girl and she hated to be away from her. It made Rosabelle want to apparate back home and do something ridiculous, like watch her Harry sleep to make sure she was safe from the monsters she had started to imagine and the very real monsters Rosabelle had discovered.

You’ll see her soon enough, get a grip.

Rosabelle focused, she knocked on the door of 1408. A broader smile replaced the soft curve when the door opened, keeping her frown at bay. She was here to visit and to catch up with a friend of her’s.

"Hey, Rafe."

TAG RAFE WILKINSON

May 27 2018, 02:11 AM
26 | MACUSA | Rappaportian
Wilkie
Auror Seattle, Washington Single Played by BJ
shipper dragots 4500
Rafe couldn't remember the last time he had someone over in his flat... well, yes, he did. It was a one night date that led to drunken kisses and ended in his bed. A night that, truthfully, he sort of regretted. But, of course, he knew that wasn't the plan today. He had spent all day cleaning his one room flat that overlooked the Cascade Mountain range. Honestly? His place was pretty classy.

He stood by the fridge (sometimes, No-Maj definitely had perks about living in their semi-spacious neighborhoods), and peered over his living space, his room separated with one of those weird painted curtain things. From there, he could see the faint outline of the mountains, and he hummed quietly as he thought about it. It'd be a cute place to live as a bachelor, but he wondered what would happen if he ever got tied down. Would he move elsewhere? Would his life in Seattle be forever over?

They were serious thoughts as he heard the knock on his door. Making one last look around to make sure his apartment was actually picked up, Rafe nodded and moved to answer it. He expected the company, which was suffice to say he had enough time to go buy some sandwiches from the corner store, and pick up some wine and beer. It felt like it was ages since the two got together. Was it ages? He couldn't even remember.

He opened the door and, stereotypical of the broad shouldered man, gave Rosie the brightest grin once he saw her. Let's be real - he was the type to wrap his arms around her, pick her up and hug her. He refrained, at least for the moment, and watched her features for a long moment as she greeted him, "Hi, Rosie. Come in? he moved out of the doorway but held the door for her. Once they were both inside, he led the way into the living room.

The couch wasn't anything fancy - just some nice, dark cushions on a light wooden frame, with a coffee table sat in front. The sandwiches were there, and Rafe nudged his chin towards it, "I got some sandwiches if you didn't eat recently, and I have wine... and beer. I couldn't remember which you drank -" or, more specifically, if she drank - "But I also have water if that's more your fancy. What do you want?"

Nobody said Rafe was a good host, but he was sure an over-active one.

TAG ROSABELLE WALKER || layout of the floorplan!
May 27 2018, 06:41 PM
Rosie, Belle
shipper dragots 2600

Ducking inside, Rosabelle slipped off the black wedges she wore on the small swath of wooden floor. She ordered them neatly before following Rafe into his living room. She glanced at the small kitchen in the corner before she caught sight of his backyard.

“Are those mountains?” Rosabelle asked, moving to the boundary between the deck and the living room. Her eyes traced over the ridges and snowy capped tops, the sun’s rays, molten gold, pouring down the range like a honey river. There had only been crumbling buildings and rusty steel in East Baltimore, and only cracked sidewalk and a jungle gym of skyscrapers and low-risers in New York City. This, the mountains, were beautiful. Seattle was beautiful in a way that contrasted the industrial North-East.

Rosabelle settled on the dark cushions of Rafe's couch, one long leg crossed over the other. “Wine is fine,” she said. “Thank you for the sandwiches.” They lapsed into a silence, it would be uncomfortable if not for the fact that she remembered this was Rafe Wilkinson. He was like an older brother to her. She had no reason to be stiff around him.

True, Rosabelle had been the one to run back to the No-Maj world the first chance she got. She had left behind her friends behind. The coveted few within Rosabelle’s inner circle who had been there throughout her growing pains. The good, like the relief of passing their exams, the trips to Northstone, and Rafe’s treasures with his adventures, and the bad, like Bieber Fever and the daydreams of being Mrs. Monty Fitzpatrick and a disastrous side-apparition attempt. She missed him. They needed to play catch-up.

Clearing her throat, she gestured to Rafe. “ You have finally listened to me about my personal space, hm. No more hugs for Rosie?” Rosabelle asked jokingly. Her signal to Rafe that she was okay with him being back in her space.

“What’s new?” Rosabelle needled, straight to the point as always. “It’s been five years since we spoke. A lot has happened, like MACUSA.” They had laughed about getting jobs there after graduation, the only place willing to hire green graduates and guaranteed a life-long career. “I didn't know about the attack on MACUSA, and, there's now, a radical group out there kidnapping people?” Rosabelle had a sour look on her face, revealing her exact thoughts on the matter. She should have stayed away for Maj affairs, she would have stayed away if not for her child, but she could not. She hated how it felt like a loss of control.

TAG RAFE WILKINSON

May 28 2018, 04:06 PM
Wilkie
shipper dragots 4500
Rafe, unconsciously, made sure the door was locked. As a wizard, he knew that there were plenty of ways to unlock a door magically, but the little chain that made it impossible for No-Maj to get in was definitely something magic usually worked on. He was... well, suffice to say, he knew he was a little paranoid after what happened at MACUSA. Could anyone really blame him, after all? He liked to think he wasn't too paranoid, but sometimes things like this came up and it was suddenly more or less impossible to argue he wasn't taking it over the top.

Rafe smiled as he watched Rosie settle her shoes in order and then led her in. His house was good as hers, if the Wampus was going to be honest? It wasn't like he needed to say it, either. He watched as she glanced out the window and found the scenery, and chuckled, "Yeah, love. That's the mountains. I grew up looking at them. I couldn't just leave. I felt New York was a little bit of a concrete mess," Rafe added casually. He didn't mind New York, but it definitely didn't feel like home. Not like Seattle did.

Maybe that's why he kept himself settled here. Maybe that's how he preferred it.

As she settled onto the couch, he nodded and went to get the drinks. A glass of wine for her - the best kind, because Rafe didn't mind spending money on people he cared about - and just a beer for him. He wasn't classy himself, and plus, he didn't really like most alcohol. He brought them over and set them on the table near the sandwiches as Rosie thanked him, and he winked, "I had company coming over. Do you think I wouldn't feed you?" he quipped. Even in his younger days, he'd always make sure his friends were fed. It was true of his parents, too.

But besides the point, when Rosie asked about him learning his personal space, he chuckled. "Oh, I was just going to give you time to settle before I invaded your space, Miss Rosie. Don't think you won't get lots of hugs soon," he teased as he sat down with her. He sat close enough that their heat could mingle, and with that said, an arm wrapped around her shoulders and he pulled her in for a hug. An awkward but not so awkward side hug where she was pressed shoulder to his chest, and his head rested on hers for a long moment. How long had they sat like this, just in the comfortable warmth of each other's silence? Far too long.

He let her go once she started to ask about what was new. He leaned forwards and took his sandwich and started to unwrap it, thinking about it as she spoke, "Yeah... MACUSA is... it's complicated," he didn't know how to explain it better than that. He took a bite of his sandwich and chewed, mulling over everything before he swallowed and answered, "Yeah, there was a huge attack from the No-Maj to MACUSA. Apparently, the same people who attacked us are kidnapping people, but I'm not quite sure what for. Kinda out of my jurisdiction," Rafe, after all, was still an auror, and his main work involved finding wizards and witches, not No-Maj. He glanced out the window again. "It's a lot of stress on everyone's end. I just want everyone to be safe, but the idea of losing more people I care about is terrifying."

He paused again, glancing at her, "I lost my dad in the first attack, y'know? We had a lot of arguments - my mom and older brother and I - about what to do with our sister. She's still not graduated, but since they attacked MACUSA, who knows if they've found the information about where Ilvermorny is." He sighed, took another bite of his sandwich and leaned back in his seat as he chewed - both figuratively and metaphorically. "But enough about MACUSA. I guess the news with me is I'm kinda... dating someone?" Was it dating? He and Teddy didn't give each other their proper labels yet, so maybe it was just a casual thing. Making out in Teddy's office? Lunch dates? Wild dates out in the city just doing date-things? How interesting. "How are you doing, Rosie? Anything new? It's been a long time since we've talked. Tell me about you."

A part of Rafe was just tired of talking about himself. He wanted to know what was new with his friend.

TAG ROSABELLE WALKER
Jun 2 2018, 02:13 AM
Rosie, Belle
shipper dragots 2600

No-Maj kidnapping Maj?

She hadn't considered the possibility that the terrorist group would be from her world. A No-Maj group powerful enough to break into the Maj world and take grown wizards and witches. Did they not have laws to protect them against such a breach? It was sounded ridiculous. It was ridiculous. If not for the fact the Maj had a precedent for this sort of thing.

"It sounds like those people, the scourers from the Salem Witch Trials," Rosabelle said. She traced the rim of her glass, murky details from History of Magic resurfaced.

It was quickly forgotten with Rafe's glance. Rosabelle sat her glass down.

She touched his arm, squeezing. There were no words to say. Sorries and condolences didn't bring back the dead. And, it was much too late. She should have been there to support one of her closest friends. "I know you want everybody to be safe but try not to stress too much. Your sister will be fine."

At least, she hoped even if she didn't necessarily believe it to be true. She hoped the enemy had enough kindness in their hearts to leave the children out of it and she hoped the adult Maj would do everything in the power to protect them.

"Kind of dating? Who is this someone?" Rosabelle asked sharply. She had removed her hand from Rafe, scooting back to the arm of the couch to look at him in full. A single arched eyebrow was raised.

Rosabelle was infamously standoffish toward people. She didn't apologize for her behavior. She had high standards and did not make time for bullshit. More to the point, she was especially critical of the people her friends dated. This person was already starting on level zero with her. She reminded herself Rafe hadn't given her any details as of yet. And she couldn't be too harsh she had 'kind of' dated multiple people. Aside from one or two, they were all fuck boys and assholes.

Rafe asked about her. Rosabelle took a long drink from her glass. She didn't know where to start.

"I write for a paper in the No Maj world. I've thought about transitioning back into the Maj world. I took one job at Wicked and suddenly, I find myself visiting New York's Maj prison because of the Duvall twins."

Her face pinched in such a way that it was immediately obvious how she felt about the matter. She had considered quitting afterward but for Harry.

Humming, "This is the first adult conversation outside of work I've had in months," Rosabelle said, shaking her head with a smile. She gestured to the sandwiches. "And food that I don't have to share or cut up." She laughed. "And your space is so clean, quiet --- it's like I've stepped into the Twilight Zone."

Rosabelle pulled her purse toward her, heavy with her life essentials, quickly finding her phone. She showed Rafe her screensaver, the one she had been looking at earlier, with her and Harry at Myrtle Beach. "I entertained stupidity," Rosabelle said softly, making the conscious effort to not name drop the baby daddy. Though Lucas was in the picture, she felt it was better to not get into the semantics about their relationship. It was complicated. "I became a mommy, Rafe. Her name is Harriet, my Harry."

Dropping her phone into her purse, she cleared her throat. If she stared any longer she was going to end up leaving. Rosabelle glanced at him, crossing her ankles. It was odd thing to be both proud and embarrassed.

"I'm well," Rosabelle said after a while. "There are never enough hours in the day but I'm well." She was happy. Certainly, happier than she had been in Ilvermorny and at home with her grandmother. There was something gratifying about being alone and following your own rules without someone else pulling the strings.

TAG RAFE WILKINSON

Jun 10 2018, 06:20 PM
Wilkie
shipper dragots 4500
He sighed, leaning back as she pointed out the similarities to history. She did have a point, and Rafe wasn’t going to deny it. He was worried, moving forwards, in the lives of those around him. His mom, his brother, his sister – other aurors, bystanders who didn’t want to be hunted; they were all people that Rafe wanted to save. Call him deep hearted, but his passions burned with the desperation of keeping others safe.

And then Rosie was squeezing his arm, and his green eyes danced towards her. Yeah, he knew he shouldn’t stress, but it was so hard. “It’s easier said than done, I think. When you have so much on your shoulders, and such a history as my family, all you want to do is make sure the people you care about are safe,” he pointed out. Even so, he was equally glad of the conversation change.

The less he had to talk about the stress of work, the better his life was, in his honest opinion.

He leaned back and took a sip of his beer as he debated. Should he tell Rosie about Teddy? They… were dating, right? Or were they still on the fringes of being “semi-official”. It came to a point where Rafe wasn’t quite sure, but didn’t question. Labels weren’t his thing, and while he wanted to know, Rafe wouldn’t pressure. It was as it was. “Mm… he’s older than us. Edward. Maybe you knew him back in school? He goes by Teddy, but I don’t like that name all too much,” Rafe admitted. He was toying with pestering his semi-on semi-official “boyfriend” to letting him call him “Eddy” which felt more natural. Nicknames were weird when they became your brand.

He paused, debating what else he wanted to say. “He’s the head of MACUSA. He’s basically my boss. I’m sleeping with one of the most powerful men in MACUSA.” He shrugged that thought off and simply added in a quiet, thoughtful, “He also works at MACUSA now, so we have lunch every day together. It’s really nice, y’know? Having something like a semi-solid commitment without any pressure,” he laughed, that general, happy-go-lucky grin spread across his face.

He leaned back and turned his attention towards Rosie as she spoke, first about her job, and then about how she hadn’t had an ‘adult conversation’ in months… and then Rafe’s eyebrows creased a little as she mentioned weird things like cutting up and sharing food. He tilted his head as he thought about it for a while as she dug around, and leaned forwards as she stared at the picture. As she said the name, Rafe gave a grin. He wouldn’t push for details, but that didn’t mean he wouldn’t push.

“Harry, eh? When are you gunna let me meet her, Rosie? Aren’t I like your brother? Doesn’t this mean she’s kinda my unofficial niece?” he quipped playfully. He gave a wink to show her that he was joking, but a part of him was being serious, “Whenever you want me to meet her, okay? Let’s get together more. I know I haven’t really been much of a friend in the last few years, but I really want to change that moving forwards,” he said sincerely. He gave a little wink as he allowed the silence to fall between them again.

The silence was comfortable, and he picked at his own sandwich for a while. When Rosie broke it again, saying she was well, he nodded, “Good. I’m glad you’re still safe and happy. I know I’m not the most interesting, but I at least try,” he nodded, a smile still on his lips, “I’m glad you’re doing well. Is there anything you wanna talk about now? Or wanna do anything specific? Play a game of chess or something like that. At this point in time, Rafe didn’t really care what they did.

TAG ROSABELLE WALKER
Jun 16 2018, 07:52 AM
Rosie, Belle
shipper dragots 2600

“Rafe, oh no,” Rosabelle gasped in mock horror. “He’s the head of MACUSA and you’re sleeping with him. It is a breach of trust, practically coercion; he’s pulled a Bill Clinton!” perhaps, she should have used Donald Trump and Stormy Daniels. He was more famous and contemporary. Either way, she looked at him with all the seriousness in the world until she broke into a rare fit of bubbly giggles to match the silly grin on Rafe’s face

The giggles were quick to die off with the comment of, ‘semi-solid commitment.’ Rosabelle was a person that needed labels. She demanded them. She did not like to be in a grey area. She had tried it once and vowed to never do so again. However, Rafe was not her. She was not his keeper though she cared for him deeply.

“When you make it official, we should go out. I would like to meet Edward,” Rosabelle said with a simple smile.

Phone out and glance to the side, Rosabelle’s stone of worry broke into pebbles with the return of Rafe’s grin. Though, Harry was the best mistake she had ever made she did not like showing the cracks in her perfectionism. Putting the phone away, she cleared her throat.

“Harry’s with her father at the moment,” Rosabelle said. She trailed into the silence. She looked at him seriously. “She does not know I’m a witch or that her father is a wizard, I’d like to keep it that way.”

Pushing to assuage any worries, she added, “It wasn’t you that ran the other way when they got the chance.” Rosabelle had to admit her fault in this. She had buried it all, determined to create a life that should have been her’s from the start. She would like to change their relationship for the better too. “But, I would like Harry to meet her Uncle." She nudged Rafe. "For him to have a chance to introduce her to the wizarding world.”

As much as Rosabelle wanted it different, Harry had magic. Harry needed someone like Rafe that was in the know about their world. Unlike her and possibly Lucas, they had grown up outside of the wizarding world and they had learned everything on the go. It had not been a pleasant experience.

“Don’t fish for compliments,” Rosabelle chided lightly. Rosabelle did not give them easy. “You’re going semi-steady with the most powerful man in MACUSA. You have to be some kind of interesting. More importantly, I value the time we spend together. We have a lot to catch up on.”

She turned possibilities for a long moment.

“I don’t know how to play chess,” Rosabelle said. She thought of asking Rafe if he owned Mario Kart. It was a recent addition to her household because of Lucas' antics. Harry was too little to fully engage with the game, but she loved watching people play. As a result, Rosabelle had gotten good. She thought the likelihood of Rafe owning one low. If she remembered correctly, he did interact much with No-Maj.

Shaking her leg and folded into the couch, she held up her glass of wine. “Remember your seventh year, my sixth year, we played a game of Never Have I Ever? with gigglewater?” That had been her first time (and her only time for awhile) drinking.

Do you want too?

TAG RAFE WILKINSON

Jun 19 2018, 10:53 PM
Wilkie
shipper dragots 4500
Rafe couldn’t help but wiggle his eyebrows a little as Rosie gave him mock horror about who he was dating. Sleeping with. At this point in time, they didn’t really have a label. “No, no. It doesn’t sound as bad as it sounds.” Yes, it absolutely did, Rafe. He knew the connotations of, uh, sleeping with someone higher up. He didn’t get with Teddy to climb the ladder. He absolutely didn’t want people to think that at least. But he rubbed the back of his neck at the references he didn’t understand – Rosie talked a lot about no-maj things before, but even then, when they were younger, it always seemed to go right over his head. He gave a smile regardless.

But the conversation went from silly to serious and Rafe leaned back with his beer in hand and sipped at it quietly. Introducing Teddy to Rosie? Would they ever really get to that stage? He pondered about it and let his eyes trace the peaks of the mountains out the back window, before turning to look at Rosie, “If you meet him, I get to meet someone too,” he pointed out. He let the other parts of the conversation linger for a long moment and chuckled at the name, giving a wink.

“I would really like to introduce her to the magical world, Rosie. But you shouldn’t keep her magic hidden, either. I’ve heard that it could backfire, and that’s the last thing you want. Just… I know you want to keep her safe, but don’t keep secrets like this from her for too long, okay?” The last thing he wanted to do was nag, but he also knew it wouldn’t be good to hide something like that from someone. He could introduce Rosie’s kid to all the magical world, but he wouldn’t be able to keep such a secret himself.

He chuckled lightly at the chide and gave another cheeky little wink towards one of his closest friends. He didn’t say things like he did to get compliments, and he hoped Rosie knew that. Rafe never really found himself all that popular, or interesting really. Actually, he thought he was pretty plain. He leaned back as Rosie pointed out that he was semi-steady with a powerful person at MACUSA, and that she valued the time they spent, and he couldn’t help but laugh. “I agree. Lots to catch up on. So let’s catch up?”

The temptation to throw in a corny joke about mustard lingered on his lips. That’d be for later.

Rafe chuckled a little at her suggestion about their game back in Ilvermorny, and he pondered. “I mean, unless you’re planning on spending the night, I don’t want to get you trashed, missy. I don’t like when you have to go home drunk and giggling,” he said. He would obviously give his bed up for her and sleep on the couch should that come to it, but that was what Rafe did: always a gentleman. Plus, it didn’t sit well with her wandering the streets drunk while the world they were in was in chaos – sure, it was Seattle, but that didn’t mean someone didn’t know where he lived, saw her leave and assumed the worse.

If anything, Rafe was being the over protective big brother to Rosie that he was to his own sister. Oops.

TAG ROSABELLE WALKER
Jun 28 2018, 09:07 AM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll