Add Reply
New Poll

Silas, Silas's journal
30 | MACUSA | Grindlewaldian
Silas
Death Squad Leader New York Widower Played by Vicky
shipper muse dragots 2200

day after day love turns grey, like the skin on a dying man

Bruises bloomed like hyacinths on the pale skin of her throat; low, psychedelic swirl of purples and blues. A Starry Night of contusions, tapering out into the edges where fingertips had dug into her flimsy neck.

She'd always had an affection for Van Gogh. An affliction.

Soft brown hair in seraphic curls around her head. Hands lay limp by her ears, fingers semiflexed, the slightest specks of blood and skin under the nails.

Her eyes were impossibly wide, bloodshot, unmoving. A warm, dark brown. Like moist earth.

She was dead.

A shudder wracked his body - violent and unceasing, sending thrums of nervous energy into his diaphragm until suddenly breathing didn't seem necessary anymore. His chest rose and fell so fast that it appeared to hum, or not move at all.

"My darling," he murmured, reaching gently to link her gelid fingers with his. Silas leaned in. The boundaries of time-space and life-death began to blur.

Dead. Strangled. Lips paled, losing their dark pink allure, as if she'd spent her life chewing on pomegranate seeds.

He kissed her. Coaxing response from cold lips was perhaps akin to these last few weeks - this very night. Greying love. Greying skin.

His grip tightened on her hand, pressing it into the pillow. Mouth moved fervently, and at some point, he tasted tears between their skin.

She did not kiss him back.

Silas pulled away. My darling, he repeated instead, tracing her clammy skin, stroking her dark hair. Pressing lips to her bruises throat, her purpling cheekbones, her blood-clotted fingertips. My darling, my darling, my darling.

Until the red tongues of a nascent sunrise ran along the broken French window, bathing her stony eyes in an ethereal glow. Until the first signs of weariness settled into his bones. Until he pulled the sheets up and covered her face.

Cordelia Stubbe had passed away.

BY MITZI
May 17 2018, 11:18 AM
Silas

May 17 2018, 11:53 AM
Silas
May 17 2018, 12:27 PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll